Thursday, February 17, 2011

Part 1 Glad you stopped by

 I am creating a blog about being separated and being single again.  Oh, sure, there would be a lot of other blogs I would like to create.  Like being separated and having a girlfriend  who is much younger than I am and is killing me with her sexual demands.

   Feeling isolated from the world, my family, and someone I've been connected to  for over 20 years is an unfortunate and sad by product of separation. But, being separated or divorced in 2011 is not the same as it once was. The social network has changed even the  emotional landscape of separation. I  now have a large family.  A family of millions.

You.

The back story:  I was born in Brooklyn.  In Apt 6F.  We then moved to Queens.  Apt 2H.  Then I moved into the Manhattan at age 21--apartment 5B. I began to work in advertising, went through a lot of drugs and one night stands and hard core new york city night life partying.  Then I met my wife, got married and went from this:



To this:
 





  We moved to a big house with a lawn and the only people you see are women in pink jogging outfits power walking and talking about how Laurie Kulman is screwing the tennis pro at Club Fit.  I would also like to point out here the name of the gym in the town is called Club Fit.

I suddenly found trapped  in a house in the suburbs.   I was like Gus  the neurotic polar bear at the Central Park Zoo.



Gus the neurotic bear - polar bear in New York City Central Park Zoo

He doesn't want to be here anymore. He wants to be set free," says a mother to her child as they watch in an aquarium window. 

Eventually freedom came.

 One night, while I was watching Goodfellas on TV. my wife stood in front of the television.

The dialogue from Goodfellas suddenly became a bizarre soundtrack over the movie called My Life.

















Henry: You're a pistol! You're really funny. You're really funny!
Tommy: What do you mean I'm funny?
Henry: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy!
Tommy[dangerously] What do you mean? You mean the way I talk?
[Everyone becomes quiet]
Henry: It's just, you know, you're just funny. It's funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Tommy: Funny how? What's funny about it?
Anthony: Tommy, no, you got it all wrong —
Tommy: Oh, no, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. [to Henry] What did ya say? Funny how?
Henry: Just —
Tommy: What?









Henry: Just, ya know, you're funny.
Tommy: You mean, let me understand this, 'cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how? I mean funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny? Funny how? How am I funny?



"I'm done!.  It's over!  I want you out!"












Tommy: No, no, I don't know. You said it! How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny aboutme?! Tell me, tell me what's funny!
[Long pause]








"Did you hear me!  I want you
out!"















Henry: Just... you know, how you tell the story, y'know —
Tommy: No, no, I don't know. You said it! How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny? What the fuck is so funny aboutme?! Tell me, tell me what's funny!
[Long pause]





I said: "Honey, you're blocking the tv.  I can't see."


And that was that.   The next day I began looking for apartments in the city.

The changes at this point in my life are very profound.

I am now me.  Not us.   I am now "my ex".

And I am hoping to connect.  To someone special.  To new friends.  To another life.













B

1 comment: